A shoot I styled a few months ago has made it’s way onto the printed pages of WellWed Magazine, Hamptons edition. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my mother for letting me borrow that lace tablecloth. Thanks mom!
Marie Antoinette inspired photoshoot
A few of my favorite shots by the incredible Judy Pak of a Marie Antoinette photoshoot that I decorated and styled. Yes, those desserts tasted as good as they looked!! Big City Little Sweets are genius.
Did someone say floral crown?! I mean, seriously! Barbara’s Flowers knocked this one out. of. the. park.
See more over on Style Me Pretty! And when I say “more”, I mean, much, much more.
How to become a runner
I finished a 4 mile race this past weekend. That’s me, above, kicking the sh*t out of the race. Notice how excited my friend Jess is next to me. She runs marathons, for reals. I don’t necessarily call myself a runner now, mostly, since I didn’t technically run the whole thing. I walked for about two minutes. I was getting a blister and being a big whimp. Looking back, I could’ve pushed through the mildy annoying pain on my foot.
about to have an emotional breakdown.
But then I crossed the finish line. Actually, I sprinted across the finish line because I just wanted the race to be over as soon as possible. It was the first day I’ve ever run longer than 20 minutes and farther than 1 mile. When my training started in January, I could hardly jog to the corner of my block out of my sheer hatered for running. Now, I’m training for a half marathon.
me and my team.
So, how did I go from despising running to actually looking forward to heading out every night?
- I got the right gear. Specifically, running clothes that felt good and I looked hot in. Because if I felt like I looked like a big fat ugly loser, the last thing I would want to do is go out in public. My headphones were also key. I bought actual running headphones that made the world of difference. I didn’t need another excuse to stop running, like when my old headphones would fall out of my ears, that’s just silly.
- I put my running clothes on and walked out the door. Sounds simple and cliche’, but the hardest part is the first steps out the door. Even when I wasn’t motivated, I made my body step into those sneakers, grab my iphone, and walk out the door.
- I counted to ten. Six times. That would equal one minute. Do that five times, and I just ran for five minutes.
- I started small. Like, so super duper small. The Couch to 5K program is amazing. The first week the longest I had to run was 60 seconds. At the time, this seemed IMPOSSIBLE. If I tried to run four miles my first time out the door, I would have quit immediately. There’s nothing wrong with starting at the beginning.
- I rediscovered Queen of the Night by Whitney Houston. There were a few runs when all I listened to was this song on repeat for 30 minutes. I don’t care, it’s awesome. Get yourself a theme song and play the crap out of it.