Hiring a Studio Assitant
Yep, I’m hiring a studio assistant. Do you love keeping things organized and clean? Are you a jack/jane of all trades type of person with a high taste level and lives in the NYC area? Read below for the requirements and how to apply. I look forward to meeting you!
- Love for organization
- Expert at project time management
- Knows your way around craft and art supplies
- Ability to work in-person in the studio in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn
- General working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Extra credit, but not required
- Weekend availability to assist on event production (no more than 10 Saturday or Sundays a year)
- Expertise of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Art and/or design background
- Photography experience
- Keeping the studio organized and clean
- Managing inventory of props
- Pulling props and putting away after events
- Keeping stock of materials we use most often and re-ordering when we are out
- Processing flowers, filling/cleaning buckets, prepping design containers
- Light graphic design work
- Light styling work for in-studio shoots
- Invitation production
- Light craft production for events
- Research and sourcing
This studio assistant job is an in-person position for 5-10 hours a week in the Michelle Edgemont Design studio in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. The pay is hourly as an employee. It will be one day a week (winter and part of summer) in the slow season and two days a week in the busy season (spring and fall). Opportunity to do three days a week on the weeks we have events. This is not an event design or a floral design position, although could have the potential to grow to that for the right person. I’m looking for someone with a positive vibe, creative personality, independent nature, and natural problem solver. This person will work closely next to me to run the back-end of my event design and floral design studio.
TO APPLY: Email Michelle@MichelleEdgemont.com with subject line “Studio Assistant – your name” with resume, cover letter, reasons why you are the perfect person for this job, a link to your favorite Spotify playlist or podcast, and any other info you’d like to add. I’m excited to meet you!