When starting a project for your own wedding wedding, it’s important to make it A) fast, B) easy, and C) inexpensive. Getting married is full of enough to-do list items…the last thing you need is a complicated project that takes forever and uses materials that cost a million dollars. This simple way to decorate plain favor boxes is the perfect project to do while binge watching the latest season of Orange is the New Black.
2″ round scallop punch
Silver pain pen
Patterned fabrics (woven fabrics work best. Look in the quilting section of your local fabric store)
3″ favor boxes
1) Iron the fusible webbing to the back of your fabric. The amount of fabric you’ll need depends on the amount of boxes you are decorating. A 1/2 yard of fabric for 50 boxes is a good estimate.
2) Cut ribbon shapes out of the fabric. The fusible webbing will keep it from fraying.
3) Punch scallop shapes out of the black cardstock
4) Use the paint pen to write thank you messages on the scallops. Make them all different or all the same, crafters choice.
5) Glue the ribbons and scallops onto the top of each box.
6) Done! Fill your boxes with candy, a single cupcake, a USB drive filled with your favorite music, or whatever you are gifting your guests with at the end of the night.